Week 3 is complete!!!
Week 3 has been good but tough at times. I’ve had some cravings and that’s been hard. I’ve just been trying to push through and stay on track.
- 1lb Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Chipotle Peppers with some Adobo Sauce
- 1 Can Pinto Beans (rinse if you want, I didn’t because I like the taste and texture)
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
Salt to taste *(if you want it, I didn’t)
Brown the meat. When almost done add onions and bell peppers to finish.
Add in spices then tomatoes and beans.
Dice up the chipotle peppers and add them in along with about a teaspoon of the adobo sauce they’re packed in. This provides a pretty decent amount of spice. You can always do less or even more if you like. I like spicy things so I’m good with this.
Let simmer for an hour.
Serve with shredded cheese (I use low fat) and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt if you feel like it.
I’ve been trying to branch out and not eat the same exact thing all week. I guess it would make my meal prep easier but I get bored. I can do two days in a row of something, three if it’s just ridiculously good, and then I’m ready to move on to something else.
I love smoked salmon. It is one of my favorite meats! I bought some this week and that has been wonderful!
Fried Bananas are something that I enjoy. I spray a pan with coconut oil spray and heat it on medium heat. I cut up the banana, sprinkle cinnamon on the pieces and put them in the pan. They’re done when they’re warm through. You can get them out when they’re gooey or more crisp. They’re delicious!
I upped my veggie intake this week too. I just felt like maybe I wasn’t getting enough veggies. I’ve really worked on getting plenty of protein and I guess the veggies just fell by the way. Balanced. That’s what I’m shooting for.
Weight Loss: 1.6lb
Am I happy with my weight loss?
- Yes! I’m just happy I’m still losing! I thought I’d be down 2lbs but I have been building muscle this week so maybe that’s why it was just 1lb. Either way I’m happy!
How do I feel physically?
- Very good. The swelling in my knee is lessening so that is making my workouts much more productive. Overall I’m feeling better and better.
What has been hard for me this week?
- I want a piece of cake. Really. Bad. This too shall pass. Also, our schedule was a little hectic last week and it was really hard to make time to workout and I had to put in extra effort to get my meals in as well. I hope week 4 will be a little less chaotic for us.
How do I feel about the program up to this point?
- I still feel really blessed to have found out about this program. It is really working well for me. It’s a process and it can feel like it is taking forever but I keep seeing small changes in my body and that helps keep me motivated.
Goals for next week:
- Work even harder. I want to concentrate on abs this week. That is by far my biggest problem area.
Is there anything I will do differently next week?
- I still feel like I need to find the right balance in protein/fat/carbs for my body. I’m close but not quite there yet. I’ve also switched up my workout just a bit. Mondays now will be 20/20/20 followed by Yoga. Tuesdays I will be home (have to do laundry, etc. sometime!) so I will workout there. Most likely it will be weights and abs. Wednesdays will be Zumba. Thursdays will be R.I.P.P.E.D. followed by Zumba. Fridays will be home so probably weights and abs again. Saturdays will be treadmill or bicycle followed by Yoga. Sundays will be rest days but of course I will still work around the house and stay pretty active. I think this new schedule will help me to balance out home responsibilities as well as get my workouts in.