As I’ve said before I try my best to only carry on when I fly. This is what I put in my carry on/personal item which was a tote bag when I went to NYC. These are pretty much my essentials for any flight. I carried my luggage on as well but this post/video doesn’t cover what I packed in it.
I always make a list of everything I need to take with me. I break it down into these categories: Toiletries, Comfort & Convenience, Documentation/Money(ID’s, Confirmation, Tickets, Reservation Info, Credit Cards I will take, etc.), Electronics & Entertainment, Makeup, Accessories, Clothes and finally Shoes.
For my carry on/personal item the only categories I look at are: Toiletries, Comfort & Convenience, Documentation/Money and Electronics & Entertainment.
Here’s my list:
- 3-1-1 Bag
- Wet Ones Wipes
Comfort & Convenience
- Lip Balm
- Glasses & Case
- Contact Case (I can actually fit this in my glasses case)
- Emergency Bag (First Aid Kit, Zyrtec, Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Toothpicks, Tums)
- Travel Folder
Electronics & Entertainment
- Phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)
- Laptop (I took my Samsung Chomebook, 11 inch)
- Tablet (Nexus 7 with books, movies & television series loaded on it)
- 2 Chargers, 1 for my Chromebook and 1 for my phone and it also charges my tablet
- Ear Buds
- Small Notebook
- NYC Travel Book