So week 2 is finished!
I tried to really push during my workouts this week. I had a couple of days where I did two classes at the Y in one day and then the other days I tried to make sure that I did cardio and lifted weights each day. I’ve really been feeling it. I can tell my arms are tighter for sure.
Some pictures of my food this week:
Tex Mex Hot Mess with Cilantro Lime Brown Rice (4 servings)
- 4 Chicken Tenders, chopped
- 1 Large Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Can Rotel with Green Chilis
- 1/2 c. Medium Salsa (I like Pace or ChiChis)
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Cooking Spray (I prefer Coconut Oil spray)
Spray your pan with cooking spray. Add the 4 tenders. Sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder (depending on how much you normally like). Then sprinkle on paprika. Once again depending on your taste.
Add onions an green pepper. Cook until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
Add Rotel and Salsa. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 1/4 c. Cilantro Chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 c. Brown Rice
- 2 c. water
Cook the rice in water until done. (Cooking times will vary depending on the brand of rice.)
Add Cilantro and Lime Juice and stir it through using a fork.
Plate both items. I had them separate in this picture but normally I put the rice on the plate first and then layer the chicken and veggies on top.
I serve with a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt and a small sprinkling of mexi blend cheese.
It’s really good and really spicy. I’m sure you could adjust the spice depending on how you wanted to fix it but I need spice. It helps me drink more water and it keeps me from getting too bored with my food.
Weight Loss: 2lbs
Am I happy with my weight loss?
- Yes! I was really afraid I wasn’t going to see a weight loss. I’ve been doing everything I should but I can tell my muscles are getting bigger and I just thought that the scale wouldn’t show a loss. If I can keep a 2lb a week loss I’ll be happy. If I can do more…great!
How do I feel physically?
- I have felt so much better this week. My knee is still slightly puffy, I’m still guessing where I’m doing more, but there isn’t any pain. I’m just icing it and taking some OTC Ibuprofen as needed. It hasn’t slowed me down. I can feel that I’m physically stronger. I can also tell that I don’t feel like I’m bloated or swelled.
What has been hard for me this week?
- My cheat meal was my hardest. Weird, I know. I wasn’t expecting that. I wasn’t really craving anything but it’s good to have a cheat meal to kind of shock your metabolism. I had about 1/3 of a Stromboli from my favorite local pizza place (Pizza Town). It tasted good but where I’m not used to eating bread it made me feel terrible afterward. Not to mention the whole time I was eating it I kept thinking about how hard I’ve been working and how many calories/fat/carbs was in my meal. I still didn’t have pop with it and I did have a salad before so that I could fill up on some good stuff first. I never thought eating a cheat meal would be so hard.
How do I feel about the program up to this point?
- I’m still really loving it! I’m seeing results, I don’t feel deprived of anything and my body feels great!
Goals for next week:
- I want to do at least two days with two classes each this week (and every week here out). I want to continue losing weight and to see my jeans become more loose.
Is there anything I will do differently next week?
- The only thing I will change will be some of my meals and snacks. I don’t want to get burnt out on anything. I’m doing a lot of research on clean eating and getting recipes. Other than that I’m going to keep my workout schedule and keep doing everything else I’m doing.