Yesterday was my first day. I only prepped two lunches for myself Sunday. It will take a little while to get used to doing that and be able to do it for a week. It’s a learning curve. I did buy plenty of snacks though and portioned them out so I don’t have to do that for the rest of the week.
For breakfast I always have my protein shake so that hasn’t changed at all.
For Monday and Tuesday I did Chicken Fajitas.
- 4 chicken breast tenders
- Williams Sonoma Fajita Rub
- Pam (light spray)
- 2 small onions
- 2 small bell peppers
- 1/4 c. Fat Free Mexi Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
I just grilled them on a grill pan on my stove. It didn’t take long and they were full of flavor!
The snacks I’ve chosen are bananas, almonds, apples, Babybel Cheese and Snap Crisps (baked sugar snap peas).
Wednesday and Thursday Broccoli Chicken Pasta
- 4 Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 Package of Frozen Broccoli
- 1 c. of Whole Wheat Rotinni
- 1 small Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
Cook the pasta and put in a large bowl.
I grilled the chicken, onion and broccoli on a griddle pan with some coconut oil spray and black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Once it was done I put it on top of the pasta and sprinkled it with paprika and Parmesan.
These recipes are so simple but it have a lot of flavor. For me that is very important. I get bored easily with bland food. It makes it easier for me to “fall off the wagon” if my food isn’t interesting and full of flavor. I’ve also found that eating spicy food has helped me with my water intake! haha! I have read that spices like cayenne and red pepper flakes do aid in weight loss though
I did buy some tilapia and that was supper for two nights. Another night I had a small steak with steamed veggies. When I’ve been at a loss on what to eat for supper or time is getting away from me I’ve made a protein shake.
The Terrafit workouts are pretty hard but I feel amazing afterward! I’m still doing Yoga and Zumba at the Y. This week I have been sore, non-stop. I’ve had some issues with aching joints but hopefully that will pass soon.
It’s been a hard week but I’m already starting to see changes so I’m okay with it. Making sure I eat at the right times, planning ahead and working out like an insane person is rough but I know it will be worth it. Eating clean is challenging sometimes but I can definitely tell a difference in the way it makes me feel.
Am I happy with my weight loss?
- Yes. I was a actually shooting for 5-6lbs but I’ll take it! I think for my first week I’ve done pretty well!
How do I feel physically?
- I feel pretty good. Saturday I had a little bit of a hiccup because my joints were really sore (feet, ankles, knees, elbows & wrists mainly) and I was just having trouble dealing with it. I noticed when I worked out Saturday morning that I was stiff but by Saturday evening I was really hurting. If I would sit down and then get back up it was really hard. I took a hot bath with epsom salt and green tea. That seemed to help quite a bit. Sunday I was still sore but it was more manageable by the evening (thank God Sundays are my rest day!) and this morning so far I’m not too bad.
What has been the hardest thing so far?
- Meal planning and prep. It takes time and I have to really be on top of it.
What will I do differently this week?
- First and foremost I will really put the water away on my rest day. I drank the minimum required for water on Sunday but I’ve been doing more than required the rest of the week. I’m guessing where I was resting I just didn’t feel like I needed it. I really think it would have helped my weight loss though. I will also keep track of everything via Fitness Pal this week to see if that helps any. I’ve been writing everything in my fitness and exercise journal and I will continue that (it helps keep me focused). I mostly want to see how many calories and carbs as well as how much sodium I’m taking in each day. I think that may help me too.
How do I feel about the program at this point?
- I like it. It is good that you have a team who help cheer you on even when you feel like you aren’t doing too well or you just don’t feel like doing what you need to do. I worry though about letting my team down. They won the last Terrafit Challenge overall (nationwide) and that’s a lot of pressure. I don’t want to be the one to knock them out of anything.